Search This Blog

SUN

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Pleas

"They say turn the bright lights on and there you'll find the truth..."
WP
Again with sporatic posts.. I haven't felt like my outfits have been blog worthy over the past week. I get in such a hurry sometimes that I don't take time to "style" something really cute up. Not that I have ugly clothes, but last week I wore a lot of my "go to" outfits.. the outfits I know are comfy and easy to throw on.. These usually include comfy dresses, high waist skirts, light weight tees and/or skinnies. A lot of which have been seen here on The Jazzy Belle before.
I think I'm getting a little sick of summer too. It is so damn hot in the south. It's like I just want to wear as little as possible. So, I throw on a sundress or a pair of shorts and a tank top and I'm out the door. All of these things are cute.. But they are boring to me now for some reason..

I like to layer. I like jeans. I like boots. I like hats and jackets and tall socks. I like sweaters and tunics and button down oxfords. This list could go on and on. The beauty of Autumn is that in the south I get the best of both worlds.. I can still wear my cute lil dresses w/ tights or cardis or socks and platforms. But, I can also wear jeans and scarves and hats. So... I think I've just gotten over summer for now. Next week, I'll probably be fine and enjoying my summer dresses and such again. But, for now.. I'm asking for Autumn please. This may also have to do with the fact that it's been nearly 100 degrees every single day!!! I'm also tired of sweat!


Enough complaining for now though... I'm wearing a few different things for the first time in these pics. You guys have seen the cardi before. I've fallen in love w/ its soft colors and patterns (one thing I do adore about my summer wardrobe). I also got this dress/tunic that day. It is SO comfy and cute. I love the way it ties in the back which gives me the option of having a kind of drop waist or a shorter dress w/ lots of gather at the waist. It's fun. I'm wearing my lace tunic/dress under it which you can't see. The top dress was a little see-through so the lace one was a necessity. And last but not least, my fabulous new purse!! I fell in love on Sunday when my friend Elise had one and told me it was on sale. I kept looking at it all day and decided that I must also have one. I also decided that I was destined to have it b/c it was made in Philadelphia, the town my little brother will be moving to in a mere two weeks. We'll talk about that later.. I get sad when the subject comes up (though I'm excited to visit A LOT)!

Outfit: Cardi and top dress- Free People; lace dress- UO; purse- Anthropologie; shoes- Charlotte Russe; sunnies- Ray Ban; watch- ATL market; rings- vintage, handmade and Lucky Brand snake ring; feather earrings- gift from a sweet friend :)
I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far!! I am feeling inspired to come up w/ some fun outfits. So, I will be posting again. I've also been inspired to make a lot of fun stuff lately. I plan to also share those things with you guys very soon. So... stay tuned!
Thank you to all who read this and share the fun with me.
xoxo,
Stevi

3 comments:

Dylana Suarez said...

Cute dress!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Jay said...

Hot Mamma! Loving the outfit and your style. You look awesome chica! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Big C said...

Great pics. You are one amazing young woman. Can't wait to see what all God has in store for you my beautiful princess. I am biased, but that is quite alright!!!