Search This Blog

SUN

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"Then I heard its not what you make but how much you spent.."

"Cause I'm cooler than a polar bears toe nails... Oh hell, there he go again talkin' that sh!t.." Outkast :)






BCBG dress; Miss Sixty jacket; The Limited tights; Steve Madden booties; vintage jewelry; no name wayfairers;


So... I'm a little addicted to fashion.. As if that isn't obvious. I don't know anyone that has a fashion blog who isn't obsessed. But, I consider myself a pretty thrifty shopper most of the time. I am very good at sniffing out good sales and finding perfect pieces at just the right price. Take the dress I'm wearing in these photos. It was priced at $240 at BCBG store. A few months later I found it and got it at TJMaxx for $20!!! Seriously $20! I forgot I even had it until today. I bought it and wore it to a dinner party we had for my brother the night he graduated college. It was perfect for that occasion. Today I paired it w/ black tights and booties and made it more suitable for winter weather. But, the fact of the matter is, I got this dress for a steal! I used the line from the Outkast song "ATLiens" for my title because I spend well. I don't make a heap of money each month... and I love shopping.. So, I shop carefully. I look in sale rooms, clearance racks, TJMaxx or Marshall's and definitely discount online shops such as Gilt Group or Shop It To Me. You can find great clothes for good prices if you are patient. Let me tell you, I have very expensive taste!! But, you'd never know it if you looked at my bank statements.. Of course there are those occasional splurges that every girl has to have.. But you know what I mean.. So, next time you are out shopping be thrifty.. You get more and you feel better.. I promise!

I hope everyone is having a lovely Wednesday!! The weather keeps getting better and better here in Bama! Roll Tide!!
xoxo,
Stevi

3 comments:

ATL-IAN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ATL-IAN said...

one of my favorite songs ever..


LOVE YOU, you look absolutely amazing in these pics!!! your style is impeccable


and you and sheri on the blogs makes me smile!

Mai said...

love the dress so badly!