Search This Blog

SUN

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

headed to hang w/ JB and Friends

"I hold a flower that doesn't know she's beautiful. She wakes every morning thinking all the other things are beautiful. Well, she's free.. Oh, companion to the wind."
Widespread Panic lyric


Took a few quick outfit pics today.. I'm wearing a new blouse from Steinmart; BDG skinnies; Express cardi; Frye oxfords; vintage necklace and vintage Dooney & Burke bag :)



I want to take the chance to talk about what I'll be doing this weekend for a moment. I will be attending Hanna's Buddies in sunny Orlando Florida. It is a charity event put on by John Bell (JB) of Widespread Panic (WP) with some other friends. Hannah is the goddaughter of JB and she has spinal muscular atrophy. She and JB have done an amazing job of creating this wonderful organization. Please check it out if you have a moment.

Anyway, the weekend consists of several things. Friday a golf tournament is held at Grand Cypress golf resort followed by a night of fellowship and music. On Saturday, there is even more fun to be had. The events take place at the House of Blues that night. There is a silent auction, which alway boasts amazing items like jewelry, guitars and albums signed by the band, exotic trips, signed footballs and more. They have a huge buffet for all of those who have chosen to spend the weekend w/ Hannah's Buddies too. After all this excitement is the CONCERT! The public is welcome to buy tickets and share the fun with the rest of us that have attended the whole event. Hannah is there having a great time along w/ JB, his friends and family. He usually brings out fun surprise guests.


This year the special guests are no surprise. Though I think he'll still have something up his sleeve. JB has asked Jimmy Herring, lead guitarist for WP, Derrick Trucks and Susan Tedeschi to all join him!!! WOW!!! It's going to be so special. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that JB and Susan bust out a little Jimi Hendrix "Little Wing." That would be so special!


I leave tomorrow. So, this may be my last blog post for the week. I am pledging to take lots of great pictures to share. I've been thinking up outfits all week. It's supposed to be a sunny 70 degrees the whole weekend! I hope the weatherman is right!!


I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!! Check out the link for Hannah's Buddies seriously! If you love golf and music this might be just the feel good weekend you need :)

xoxo,
Stevi

3 comments:

Ra said...

That sounds so much fun. If I didn't live so far away, I would definitely go to that. Have fun!

Unknown said...

Um... I LOVE THAT PURSE!!!

Blicious said...

love your plaid top!!! so cute! xoxo